Re: HR 4445 Reciprocal Compensation

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Thu Sep 14 12:31:50 2000

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, M. David Leonard wrote:

> 	I hate to sound stupid, but isn't this the "ILECs put CLECs out
> of business act?"  Exactly how will this impact any ISP that uses the
> ILEC's facilities?

No way, I have helped setup 26 CLEC all over the US and I let every one of
them know that they should not base their business on reciprocal
compensation. There are still several ISPs that BUY PRIs from the ILECs,
as a CLEC you can setup one-way trunking and not pay for all your
incoming traffic.

><>
Nathan Stratton				CTO, Exario Networks, Inc.
[email protected]                     [email protected]
http://www.robotics.net                 http://www.exario.net