RE: 128 bit Encryption

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Wed Sep 13 12:50:13 2000

From: Mufti Ahmed [mailto:[email protected]]
> Does Anyone know if 128Bit Encryption is allowed outside the
> US?

the issue is not where it's allowed, but whether US companies
are allowed to sell it overseas. the law was recently eased, but
there are still some issues with respect to export licenses.
getting a suitable license is feasible. i know that we (VPNet)
can sell it overseas (subject to a couple of restrictions, such
as the State Department's list of Very Bad Countries), but some
of our competitors are not yet so fortunate.

richard