Re: When IPv6 ... if ever?

  • From: Andrew Brown
  • Date: Sun Sep 10 20:50:18 2000

On Sun, Sep 10, 2000 at 09:03:23PM +0859, Masataka Ohta wrote:

>> > I* (including but not limited to "I" and "IPv6") are facetious,
>> > of course.
>>
>> ??? please clarify ...
>
>A '*' character in a regular expression matches anything including
>a null string, in this case, "", "Pv6" and maybe more.

A '*' character in a regular expression makes the preceding item match
zero or more times including a null string, in this case, "I".

A '*' character in a *shell glob* will match anything including a null
string, in this case , "", "Pv6" and maybe more.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|
[email protected]             * "ah!  i see you have the internet