Re: When IPv6 ... if ever?

  • From: Masataka Ohta
  • Date: Sun Sep 10 01:49:40 2000

Batz;

> :> Besides IPSec, dynamic addressing, authentication and improved
> :> security, are there other benefits to deploying IPv6 instead of
> :> NAT?
> :
> :Are you saying that there has been some studies done on IPv6 that it
> :does offer dynamic addressing, authentication and improved security?
> :
> :Where can I find it?
>

> I'm assuming you're being facetious.

I* (including but not limited to "I" and "IPv6") are facetious,
of course.

> If not, how long should we expect to have to tolerate vendor
> hubris and bad hacks to get around depleted address space?

First, vendors of IPv6 address space should seriously tell vendors of
Internet service supply IPv6 service.

Then, vendors of Internet service should seriously tell vendors of
routers that they really supply IPv6 capable routers.

And there will be a v6-capable Internet, only after which there
will be some good reason, beyond curiosity, to deploy v6 on
private production networks.

And then, we can get around depleted address space.

							Masataka Ohta