RE: Ashburn MAE facility

  • From: David Hares
  • Date: Fri Sep 08 17:43:03 2000

We co-locate with telcos, and this is very common.  They don't worry about
A/C, since it's used only to charge batteries.  By running off batteries,
they solve the problem of syncing generators to the utilities.  You can
solve the problem with DC to AC converters, or by putting in your own UPS.
We use APC RM220XLTs.  Since there is a higer demand for UPSes than DC/AC
converters, equivalent capacities in these two solutions have high cost
differentials.

Dave Hares