Re: SoCal & Bay Area Troubles

  • From: lucifer
  • Date: Thu Sep 07 13:32:19 2000

Sean Donelan wrote:

> QWEST had a problem around 11:30am PDT, and swaps facilities with several
> other providers so it may have impacted more than just Qwest.  I haven't
> tracked down the specifics though, and it seems like things have since
> settled down.

Their master ticket #59387, though it was resolved reasonbly quickly
yesterday. The phone drone I spoke to seemed to have the impression that
it was related to the other recent problems (packet loss/latency for a
number of customers, a broadcast storm, etc) all having to do with their
current switchover to new network hardware in their Sunnyvale center.

At least I managed to get out of the 4 AM timeslot for having to be onsite
to reconfigure our router there later this week.
[email protected]              http://www.lightbearer.com/~lucifer