Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: David Charlap
  • Date: Wed Sep 06 12:21:38 2000

"Roeland M.J. Meyer" wrote:

> You might want to know that Mickeysoft also has an IPv6 stack for
> Windoze.

It's been my understanding that Win2K includes this stack as part of the
base distribution.  Hopefully, Windows "ME" (the gaming version of
windows, intended to replace Win98) will also include it.

IMO, this is the first necessary step to V6 deployment.  First get it on
the end workstations.  Then, and only then, will it be possible to even
try and argue deployment to an ISP.  I don't think any major ISP will
adopt V6 before a lot of their customers (at least) have the capacity to
use it.

I'm not saying that V6 on clients will open the floodgates, where
everybody starts deploying it, but I do think that this is a necessary
precondition.

-- David