Re: Ameritech Service Quality Report

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Wed Sep 06 08:45:58 2000

On Wed, Sep 06, 2000 at 08:15:52AM -0400, Jeff Ogden wrote:

> track record in this area in other states? I've heard rumors from
> other areas where SBC has purchased an ILEC that this sort of poor
> service is pretty common, but this is only rumors.

I have found that while some individual technicians are very good and give
good service, as a whole SBC is unresponsive to customer's wishes, and prone
to promising one thing then delivering another.

In particular, they kept reprovisioning my phone lines with SLCs, causing a good
line to suddenly not work worth a crap for 28.8k and up customers.

They also were notorious for telling people "we've tested your T1, and the
problem is on your end" when they hadn't tested at all, then when you pester
them into testing again they suddenly find a problem on their end.

Happened to me more than once.

Others have complained about them missing install dates by weeks or months, but
that never happened to me.  However, we were a much larger customer than the
complainers.