Re: Ameritech Service Quality Report

  • From: Bill Fumerola
  • Date: Sun Sep 03 12:50:01 2000

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 02:09:09AM -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:

> > What I find interesting isn't Ameritech's long repair times, but how
> > do providers promise 4 hour repair times when the dominant local loop
> > provider takes over a day to fix something on a good day.
>
> 	You're presuming they answer the phone.

[... all too familiar story of ameritech sucking deleted ...]

> 	Ameritech repair is useless.  While living and working in
> Michigan, I frequently had to go to the PSC over stupid issues
> Ameritech should have been able to resolve quickly.

Not to turn this thread into a Ameritech old war stories (I've got
'em though...), but...

I plan either attending the one public commission meeting nearest to me
eor at least writing the commission at the address provided from Sean's
URL, and I'd encourage other Michiganders[1] who have been screwed over
to do so as well.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                [email protected] / [email protected]

1. Yes, that's how we reference ourselves. Don't ask.