Re: Ameritech Service Quality Report

  • From: Majdi S. Abbas
  • Date: Sun Sep 03 05:05:59 2000

On Sun, Sep 03, 2000 at 01:30:18AM -0700, Sean Donelan wrote:
> The Michigan Public Service Commission has launched an investigation
> into Ameritech's service quality.  According to Ameritech, in August
> the estimated average repair time will be 115 hours (almost 5 days).
> Significantly up over previous years' average repair times of about
> a day (25-28 hours).
>
> http://www.cis.state.mi.us/mpsc/comm/ameritech.htm
>
> What I find interesting isn't Ameritech's long repair times, but how
> do providers promise 4 hour repair times when the dominant local loop
> provider takes over a day to fix something on a good day.

	You're presuming they answer the phone.

	This has been the case for the past few years:

	Two weeks ago, I called Ameritech over a hicap repair issue.
I spent 75 minutes on hold, only to get disconnected.  After calling
back, I spent 90 minutes on hold, only to get to an individual who
transferred me.  I was disconnected during the transfer.

	Indeed, we had to wake up the VP of another Ameritech division,
in the middle of the night, to get his people to open a ticket on this
circuit.  That was the only way we got it looked at at all.

	Ameritech repair is useless.  While living and working in
Michigan, I frequently had to go to the PSC over stupid issues
Ameritech should have been able to resolve quickly.

	--msa