Re: IPv6 allocatin (was Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting)

  • From: smd
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 21:26:55 2000

| Internet2 provides the same thing, only faster;

I'm sorry, but parts of my network are ALREADY faster than Internet2's
network by a factor of four.

Other fully commercial networks are also well beyond the technology
that most academics brag about.   The ONLY interesting large-scale
academic networking project is currently being done by CANARIE, which
ironically I used to call a pretty bird with a beautiful song and no
ability to fly anywhere.

If you want to appreciate interesting research networking ignore
both I2 and v6, check out the MANET stuff in the IETF, and try
to get the folks there to think much bigger scale.

	Sean.