Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Steve Sobol
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 19:42:12 2000

Christian Kuhtz wrote:

> Perhaps it's time for this forum and others to seriously worry about IPv6
> deployment, instead of finding yet another fix for the fix of a fix to further
> break a broken allocation model.

It seems to me that there's been a lot of discussion about IPv6, to the
point that the authors of some operating systems[0] have claimed to
actually
have working code that implements it. However, I haven't seen much talk
about actually deploying it[1].

[0] OK, one. I recall seeing somewhere that Linux's TCP/IP code supports
it.

[1] Truthfully, I don't spend my time with my nose buried in technical
journals, and I don't keep up as much with the infrastructure side of
things as I'd like to (and probably should), but I would think that this
would be big news if it had actually happened.

--
North Shore Technologies, Cleveland, OH
http://NorthShoreTechnologies.net