Re: IPv6 allocatin (was Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting)

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 18:33:38 2000

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 01:48:21PM -0700, Scott Francis wrote:

> You're right though - IPv6/Internet2 implementation on a large scale will likely be some
> time down the road yet.

If anything I said implied I equate IPv6 necessarily with Internet2, I apologize
for not having made myself more clear.

IPv6 may very well turn out to be an important tool in fixing the Internet.

Internet2 is another kettle of fish entirely, and if it connects to the Internet
at any point that allows anybody on Internet2 to connect to points on the Internet,
then there's no such thing as Internet2 and it's just part of the Internet.