RE: IPv6 allocatin (was Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting)

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 15:45:07 2000

> > With 15 POPs spread throughout the US and Europe, and
> > more on the way, with exceedingly non-contiguous space obtained from 6
> > different upstreams, it would benefit ourselves as well as our many
> > providers to have our own PI space.
>
> I suspect the number of organizations who can claim "it would benefit
> ourselves as well as our many providers" will greatly exceed the number
> of available routing slots before IPv6 comes anywhere close to being
> significantly deployed.

So, how do we bring the operations reality and ivory tower approaches closer
together?  Elegant complexity causes operational nightmares all of its own.

--
Christian Kuhtz, Sr. Network Architect              Architecture, BellSouth.net
<[email protected]> -wk, <[email protected]> -hm                       Atlanta, GA