Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 11:45:31 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Sean Doran wrote:

> The major problem I have with ftp, from the perspective of someone
> trying to build networks, is that most clients generally do not
> do passive-mode ftp by default, despite many years of harranguing
> going waaaaay back to Vadim Antonov's argument for that here.

It's gets worse.  At least as far as I can tell, the built in command line
ftp that comes with Win 2000 doesn't support passive mode at all.  That's
quite frustrating.  Of course I accept the answer, don't use Windoze, but
unfortunately the corporate types don't.

Brandon Ross                                                 404-522-5400
EVP Engineering, NetRail                           http://www.netrail.net
AIM:  BrandonNR                                             ICQ:  2269442
Read RFC 2644!