Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Adrian Chadd
  • Date: Fri Sep 01 03:36:02 2000

On Thu, Aug 31, 2000, Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> > That's why I asked about some form of proxy for members who can't be
> > present.
>
> Given the effects of the decisions that ARIN is making that would seem to
> be a very prudent idea.
>
> It should be noted however, that no matter how "democratic" any
> organization is or claims to be, the decisions they make do not
> supercede the laws of the country(ies) that they operate in. At the point
> that someone feels their rights under the law are being violated
> sufficiently (such as restraint of trade) and has the necessary resources,
> I imagine these sorts of things will simply end up in court.

.. and if this kind of thing happens because a company can't get what they
want out of a body like ARIN, we are all pretty much doomed.

You know, you would *think* that this kind of change, regardless of whether
its "right" or "wrong" would tickle *some* people into creating new
soutions based upon changing constraints. This *IS* what we are paid for,
right?

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<[email protected]>	    will a women get naked in Amsterdam?"