Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Rodney Joffe
  • Date: Thu Aug 31 21:53:22 2000

Patrick Greenwell wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Rodney Joffe wrote:
> > That's a disingenuous response, Patrick.
>
> Is it? How so?

Because failure to appear at a public hearing was never an excuse for
refusing to abide by the decisions made at that hearing. The board that
made the recommendation/decision was elected by the membership. So it is
a democracy. If you don't like the decisions and you don't have the time
to go to the meetings to voice your opinions, and you don't have the
inclination to voice them on the appropriate list, then vote for board
members who you believe will do "the right thing(tm)". Or run for the
board yourself. Maybe I'll even vote for you ;-) Unfortunately, it
appears you'll have to wait for the next election as the current one
closed nominations 2 days ago.

> > Perhaps you could suggest an alternative?
>
> Well, voting by proxy was brought up, which seems like a reasonable idea.

You already did (if you're a member) by electing the board who made the
decision. Maybe you mean an absentee ballot system? After a while, that
becomes an inefficient way to run the system.

DISCLAIMER: I am not affected by the decision, so I may be biased. I'm
not sure how I would feel if I was affected by an ARIN decision.
--
Rodney Joffe
CenterGate Research Group, LLC.