Re: [Fwd: USWest]

  • From: Josh Richards
  • Date: Thu Aug 31 20:38:47 2000

* John Fraizer <[email protected]> [20000831 14:55]:
> On Thu, 31 Aug 2000 [email protected] wrote:
[..]
> > Unfortunately, your message does not appear to include the full
> > message headers. Without the full message headers, especially the
> > "Received" lines, we can not investigate this issue.
>
> Not a problem.  Next time it happens, I'll see just how much hate your can
> swallow before it blows up.  I'm willing to bet that
> we have more than enough capacity to get your attention.  Perhaps
> THAN you will be able to "further investigate" the issue.
>
> Ya'll have fun with your little SPAM friendly network, ya hear?

John,

I'm presuming that you did include the Received: headers?  I know you've
been going through an ordeal with a customer of theirs sending spoofed spam,
but I'm not sure what your sarcastic response to the e-mail was justified
by.  What he/she was asking for is a fairly legit question to track stuff
down, at least typically.  Of course if the source is actually from or
through a USWest mail server than they could check their logs before pushing
you off for more info and hopefully  it would be plainly obvious to them at
that point. :-)

-jr

----
Josh Richards [JTR38/JR539-ARIN]
<[email protected]/fix.net/freedom.gen.ca.us/geekresearch.com>
Geek Research LLC
IP Network Engineering and Consulting