Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Edward S. Marshall
  • Date: Thu Aug 31 17:09:39 2000

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Deepak Jain wrote:
> When we are deciding that IP savings, etc are worth it, why not make all
> Cable/DSL/Dialup providers use NAT to map access logins to a small pool of
> IPs too?

I wouldn't even bother with that yet.

How about reclaiming the unused class A space assigned to several large
companies and universities first?

Oh, but wait: that would require proactive effort on ARIN's part. They're
too busy tightening down the rules for new applicants to spend the time
working on organizations that can't reasonably justify their grandfathered
allocations.

--
Edward S. Marshall <[email protected]>           http://www.nyx.net/~emarshal/
[                  Felix qui potuit rerum cognoscere causas.                  ]