Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: sigma
  • Date: Thu Aug 31 15:45:49 2000

>It's been a long time since I've seen so many people get so upset over
>what strikes me as an obvious step which others took a long time ago
>and has a policy which makes room for worthy exceptions.

Because some hosts are providing other virtualized services which are
nowhere near being ready for use without per-IP allocations.  I'll grant
that it's not such a big issue for HTTP anymore, except of course for
bandwidth shapers, network analysis tools, load-balancing switches,
kernel-based virtualizations, etc etc etc.

Kevin