Re: ARIN Policy on IP-based Web Hosting

  • From: Alec H. Peterson
  • Date: Thu Aug 31 14:28:14 2000

"John A. Tamplin" wrote:

> What I am getting at is that this is a massive undertaking for a large
> hosting provider to comply with this new policy, and it will definitely
> affect how customers interact with the service.  You may not care if
> customers are unhappy, but everyone else does.

I hate it when people try to put words into my mouth.

ARIN is a membership organization.  ARIN does not make decisions just
because they piss people off and fill our mailboxes with hate mail about how
we should crawl into a hole and die.

This policy was by and large forged BY ARIN MEMBERS.  Many of the people who
participated in the discussion work for large web hosting providers.  The
migration issue was raised, and several of these people outlined ways to
migrate customers without any downtime whatsoever.

Alec

--
Alec H. Peterson - [email protected]
Staff Scientist