Re: what's this all about? (NetSol RootZone FubAr?)

  • From: Peter van Dijk
  • Date: Wed Aug 30 03:59:34 2000

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 11:29:52AM -0700, Jay Stewart wrote:
[snip]
> Whois Server Version 1.1
>
> Domain names in the .com, .net, and .org domains can now be registered
> with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
> for detailed information.
>
>    Domain Name: NETWORKSOLUTIONS.COM
>    Registrar: 7DC, INC.
>    Whois Server: whois.7dc.com    <--- ????????
>    Referral URL: www.7dc.com     <---  Who???
>    Name Server: NS2.NETSOL.COM
>    Name Server: NS1.NETSOL.COM
>    Name Server: NS3.NETSOL.COM
>    Updated Date: 20-may-2000
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-
>
> ?????
>
> This is happening for pretty much every domain I bothered to check, and only
> seems to happen when using a dot at the end of the FQDN.

It's been that way for several months now. I played jokes on several
people with this bug.

It doesn't seem harmful at all, I know of nobody who relies on
whois-output for DNS.

Greetz, Peter.
--
[ircoper]        [email protected] - Peter van Dijk / Hardbeat
[student]        Undernet:#groningen/wallops | IRCnet:/#alliance