Re: Follow-up to "ROOT SERVERS"

  • From: Derek J. Balling
  • Date: Fri Aug 25 15:38:05 2000

At 12:15 PM -0700 8/25/00, Sean Donelan wrote:

How many queries do those four servers normally handle?
Using the most basic of logic (slightly flawed admittedly)...

r = number of daily root-server .com requests
t = total number of root-servers
b = 4 (number of bad root servers)

(b/t)*r

Now, since I'm suspecting that "r" is a sufficiently high value, I would say it would not be "negligible".

If it was "negligible" and "users would not notice", then it wouldn't have been reported to NSI, as we are all end-users of their system, and we noticed. :)

  But a press release should keep close to what happened.
... and not an outright lie? ;-) Sounds like NSI is starting to take some pointers from the Microsoft School of Press Releases.... ;-)