Re: ROOT SERVERS ***Important Message Please Read***

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Thu Aug 24 07:13:22 2000

On Wed, 23 August 2000, "Verd, Brad" wrote:
> This problem stems from an issue with an NSI server from which the roots,
> stated above, perform a named xfer.  We are taking appropriate actions to
> prevent this or similar incidents from happening in the future.

Hardware problem?
Software problem?
Procedural problem?
Internal problem?
External problem?

Was it something you could control or something you could not control?  Is
this something other servers doing delegations could experience?  If so, how
could other operators prevent this from happening?  Why didn't automated
processes pick up the problem?  What should be checked and improved so
automated processes could detect the problem in the future?