Re: Community NO-EXPORT

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Wed Aug 23 10:06:44 2000

At Tuesday 07:36 PM 8/22/00, Brett Frankenberger wrote:

>Absent filtering, AS2 would send all three routes to it's BGP peers,
>but your NO EXPORT community will cause the two /17s to be filtered, so
>only the /16 will make it beyond AS2.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a synchronization issue here
as well? E.g.: AS2 is transit provider, probably has bgp synchronization
on (default), and will only propagate routes to other AS's that have
made it into their IGP. The question then is: have all 3 routes made
it into AS2's IGP successfully? Only if the answer is yes, will it
actually propagate that /16.