Re: Now the idiots at ORBS are probing random dial-ups

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Tue Aug 22 02:54:36 2000

On Mon, Aug 21, 2000 at 11:22:13PM -0700, Keith Woodworth wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, John Payne wrote:
>
> >>What trouble does MAPS cause?  RSS and DUL are blocking quite a bit of spam
> >>for *me*.  Dunno how much the RBL is blocking... 'cos I'm behind a BGP feed.
>
> I find that RBL does not really block all that much overall. We dont use
> RSS or DUL here. Though one fellow posted a link to his stats on
> inet-access to his mail stats as graphed by RRDTool/Cricket. Shows most of
> the mail tagged as spam is blocked via RSS.

Don't forget - the main purpose of the RBL is not to block spam... its to
educate spam(mers| friendly networks).  If the RBL is blocking lots of mail,
then its failed its primary purpose.

--
John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    [email protected]
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954