Re: NANOG 20 Meeting Information -- Registration Open

  • From: Kai Schlichting
  • Date: Mon Aug 21 16:04:45 2000

At Wednesday 04:31 PM 8/16/00, Carol Wadsworth wrote:

>               NANOG 20 Meeting Information
>               ****************************
>
>----------------------
>Hotel Reservations
>----------------------
>
>   Renaissance Washington D.C. Hotel
>   999 9th Street, N.W.
>   Washington, D.C.  20001-4427
>
>   Direct Hotel Reservations:  202-898-9000
>   Central Reservations:       800-228-9290
>
>   Room Block Name:            NANOG
>   Dates Available:            October 21-24
>   Rate:                       $169/single; $189/double
>   Cut-off date:               September 21

Is this just me, or is the room block really miniscule (read: <<400 rooms),
already booked out, and the hotel is now trying to rip everyone off
with their "$370/night plus all that extra tax we make for DC by
jacking you real good" rate? Comments welcome.

As Norman Schwarzkopf said: this is the only city in the world where,
after 10 miles of driving, you are still at the crime scene.