The last thing I'm gonna say about IRC

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Sun Aug 20 13:56:16 2000

On Sun, Aug 20, 2000 at 10:43:10AM -0700, Majdi S. Abbas wrote:
> > Hence, if all the IRC networks would implement Chanserv, and educate users,
> > these attacks would decrease.
>
> 	Actually, then they get directed at the services, their
> upstream hubs, etc.  Trust me on this.  As long as IRC is running
> in some way, shape, or form, you have a very big bullseye placed
> on your network.

I did say "decrease" not "stop entirely".

Every argument I'm getting thrown back at me is arguing against the latter,
instead of what I actually said.

If even one person doesn't attack because he can't take over the channel,
and brief service interruption doesn't cut the mustard for him, then using
Chanserv was a good tool, and that's the only claim I made.

If you want to argue that the attacks won't decrease, fine; but everybody
please stop telling me that they won't cease, because I KNOW THAT ALREADY.