Rise in intrusion attempts from *.jp

  • From: Jeremy T. Bouse
  • Date: Mon Aug 14 23:31:13 2000

	I'm curious to try and find out if any other networks have seen
a rise in sites from within Japan being the source of intrusion attempts.
For the past couple days we've seen a rise in the number of sites from
within Japan making very questionable port attempts which systematically
sweep our entire IP space. Fortunately the ports are blocked because of
known exploits and the fact they are not used on our network.

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy T. Bouse
	UnderGrid Network Services, LLC

--