RE: An example

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Aug 11 11:33:39 2000

> Kevin Oberman
> Sent: Friday, August 11, 2000 7:47 AM
>
> Roeland,

> But PLEASE don't lump ORBS with the MAPS and related systems.

Okay, I get the point and apologize to the RBL folks. They are
different.

I just found out this morning that my systems tests out for false
positive, as I knew it would someday. I normally work
on-client-site and have to allow limited relay in order to send
my email, from client-site, both, for myself and my staff. About
a month ago, there was a discussion on this very topic. There is
no way I can run my business without some SMTP relay capability.
If ORBS wants to fix that then THEY can donate the resources to
do so. In the meanwhile, MHSC systems have NEVER been used to
send spam, ever. They can't, without setting off alarms all over
the place.

As regards the multiple PTR records (one of them being my MX
record <mail.mhsc.com>), someone please send me the RFC while
says that is not allowed.