RE: spammers will move offshore?

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Thu Aug 10 14:51:38 2000

> Morgan Dollard
> Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2000 7:56 AM
>
> Im confuesed about the origin of this discussion, since i
> mised the kick
> off,

I simply asked if Telstra was still being black-holed. I got my
answer( they are) and it is done via a manual entry in the ORBS
list.

Now for the follow-up question, is anyone else, besides Telstra,
serving OZ?
AboveNet already confirmed that they aren't.

If the answer to that is negative, then we ought to re-think the
black-hole issue. Certainly, since my client is doing substantial
traffic with OZ, I will recommend that they drop ORBS like a bad
habit. It's impacting revenue. The latencies to OZ are bad
enough, without having to deal with black-hole happy fanatics.
SPAM is a side-issue here and not really relevent to losing
connectivity with an entire continent.