Re: surge in spam email (fwd)

  • From: Andrew McNamara
  • Date: Wed Aug 09 22:25:18 2000

>Attached is a list of 60 different open relays one spammer used on us
>just yesterday (the number is number of spams sent before we blocked
>it.)
[...]
> 119 entoo.connect.com.au
[...]
>  33 yarrina.connect.com.au

Can you forward [email protected] a copy of the spam relayed through
these machines? There's a good chance we're already aware of this party
(if not already actioned it). Neither machine should be an open relay,
although downstream customers occasionally do silly things. Also,
entoo.connect.com.au has aggressive rate limiting, which should at
least frustrate the spammer who signs up for a throwaway account on a
Friday night with the intention of spamming all weekend.

 ---
Andrew McNamara (System Architect)

connect.com.au Pty Ltd
Lvl 3, 213 Miller St, North Sydney, NSW 2060, Australia
Phone: +61 2 9409 2117, Fax: +61 2 9409 2111