more on savvis outtages...

  • From: deeann mikula
  • Date: Mon Aug 07 20:55:15 2000

pgh. lost savvis again around 6pm EDT.  i called then, and got a "don't
really know yet..." response from their noc.

after getting the msg below (8pm EDT), i called them back, and the noc
tech told me that they are working at it from 2 angles, one group on
the possibility of an equiptment failure and another group working
with an at&t tech on the possibility that the problem lies with them.
he said he "seems like" it might be a re-occurence of y'days problem,
but it was too soon to tell and he hadn't gotten an official
confirmation that it was ok to say that yet.

IMHO, i think their handling of this (emails and prompt call backs,
and informed and cheerful phone staff) has been great (from a customer
support viewpoint.)  now if they could just get us back up again... 3
separate several hour outages of the complete pgh. network is just
unacceptable. :( [8am-2pm sunday, 4am-6am monday and 6pm-? monday.]

just my update for all those of pgh net-admins, and anyone else who cares.

     deeann m.m. mikula
   director of operations

telerama public access internet
   http://www.telerama.com