Re: SUMMARY: bw usage?

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Fri Jul 28 10:21:51 2000

[ On Friday, July 28, 2000 at 09:47:28 (-0400), David M. Ramsey wrote: ]
> Subject: SUMMARY: bw usage?
>
> Other recommended solutions included:
>
>    - MRTG
>      This is great (I use it elsewhere) but it doesn't directly
>      address the issue I have of *not* including broadcast traffic

although MRTG is a good, working, solution for collecting and
"visualising" SNMP data, it has a limited future and may not be
usable/managable in large installation.

Of the available replacements (at least of those based on RRDtool, the
premier time-series database and graphing tool by the author of MRTG) I
would highly recommend "Cricket":

	http://cricket.sourceforge.net/

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>      <robohack!woods>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>; Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>