recent internet packet size samples

  • From: Joe Abley
  • Date: Thu Jul 27 06:09:02 2000

I'm interested in seeing the distribution of packet sizes across a
1500-byte-constrained measurement point, with "real internet traffic"
going past (for some reasonable interpretation of that phrase).

Specifically, I'm looking for the number of IP datagrams of size
M for all M encountered throughout a long, contiguous packet stream
(say a few hours' worth around the residential surfing busy hour).

I can do measurements myself, but I'd prefer not to reinvent the wheel.
Could anybody point me at some recent data?

Thanks,

Joe