Re: whois databases and null fields

  • From: deeann mikula
  • Date: Wed Jul 26 23:04:36 2000

On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, Timothy Brown wrote:

> Hey, folks.  Maybe a dumb question.
>
> How does any registrant with null fields for their contact data manage
> to modify their registry records, outside of sending a letter on their
> company letterhead?  For that matter, how do they get bills from the
> aforementioned registry? :)

yup, we noticed this recently. some of the domains that we had
registered (with the required fields filled out) are showing up like
this.  sometimes.  old domains whos records we haven't touched in
years and newly registered domains.  no pattern that i can discern.

i just chalked it up to another round of netsol fuckups, and just hope
that they fix it someday.  i haven't talked to anyone there about it
yet, cause i make enough phone calls to their business support line as
it is about more pressing issues.  (changing forms with no warning,
having the wrong address in their 'reply-to', delaying transfers,
etc.)

i'm just waiting for the day that a Cool Local Company opens their
doors for business as a registrar so i can switch all of our domains
from that incompetent netsol behemoth to them.  its in the works, and
that is the only thing that gets me thru these daily troubles with
netsol...knowing that it will end someday.

deeann m.m. mikula

network administrator
telerama internet -- http://www.telerama.com
[email protected]/[email protected]