Re: bw usage?

  • From: Jeff Kell
  • Date: Wed Jul 26 12:06:20 2000

Alex wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2000, David M. Ramsey wrote:

> > We've considered implementing unique customer VLANS to separate
> > customer broadcast domains, but it seems like that'd be a pain,
> > would eat up IP addresses, and possibly tax our routers with all of
> > the ISL/VLAN stuff?
>
> We do that; it's unwise to have everyone on the same VLAN, as some
> others have demonstrated.

We do that as well (but different environment).  We have a 5500 with
NFFC-II cards for layer-3 "switching" and feed a 7505 over 2FEIP cards
by fast etherchannel ISL trunks.  Routes IP/IPX between over a dozen
VLANs without blinking.  A 4500M with FEIP can do quite a few as well,
but doesn't support portchannel.

Jeff Kell <[email protected]>