Re: Wanted: Clueful Individual @ TeleGlobe.net

  • From: Joe Rhett
  • Date: Wed Jul 26 03:17:41 2000

> Unfortunatly, its been my experience that the PUCs are not in much
> better shape when trying to figure out how something like this should be
> handled than someone like many people on this list that have a large
> amount of experience dealing with the telco network.  I'm really coming
		..				..
> slamming cases that get brought before them quite a bit, but very rarely
> are there real, significant, telecom policy impacting, convoluted
> technical issues types of cases brought before at least the KY PSC...of
> course we are kind of in an area that doesn't have a huge reputation for
> being technologically advanced (yes, I *am* wearing shoes!  ;) but it is
> rather interesting for the *lack* of significant cases in this realm.

California is quite different, where Pacific Bell has violated peoples'
privacy and the FCC's fair access regulations enough that the PUC is
promoting a referendum named the "Telecommunications Bill of Rights" or
some such likeness.

--
Joe Rhett                                         Chief Technology Officer
[email protected]                                      ISite Services, Inc.

PGP keys and contact information:          http://www.noc.isite.net/Staff/