Solaris load balancing?

  • From: foo
  • Date: Wed Jul 19 18:56:15 2000

What are the various options for load balancing across multiple interfaces
which are connected to distinct switches/routers on a Solaris box?
FEC/trunking wont work because the connections are to difference switches.
Multiple default routes in Solaris appear to behave badly when one of the
dest's is down, such that the route is not removed from the routing table
and traffic is still sent in that direction (subject to TCP behavior), and
it's round-robin versus something more interesting like MAC-hasing.

I think I can do equal cost multipath with two default routes in Gated as
well, but I'm not sure if Gated is any smarter about removing an
unreachable route. Will eqmp work if I'm injecting two defaults with OSPF?

Any other ideas?

-Brian