Re: OK.. WHo's the wise guy?

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Wed Jul 19 12:29:59 2000

On Wed, 19 Jul 2000 17:16:13 +0200, Daniel Karrenberg said:
> Note that the set of nameservers for
> .org and for . is not identical, i.e. the string 'ROOT' is
> not the string 'GTLD':

Damn.. Why do problems always crop up before caffeine, and never when
you're NOT hurrying to get into a meeting you've been ordered to attend? ;)

Anybody want to take guesses how many times I watched that same info scroll
by and it didn't sink in?

All I can say in my defense is the *last* time I had to check at the
roots because I didn't trust them, root-servers and gtld-servers were
the same set of machines.

Having said that, does anybody who's (at least somewhat) unbiased have any
information on the current state of the ORBS/MAPS/above.net pissing contest?
It's pretty sad, because I thought that the ORBS and MAPS guys were at
least on the same side (even if they DO disagree on tactics).  There's been
a lot of allegations/denials of blackhole routing for the ORBS DNS and WWW
servers.  Anybody seeing anything one way or another (i.e. "Yes, we're seeing
a blackhole route", or "No, we can confirm that if there was one, we'd see it".

--
				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst