Filtering (was Re: RFC 1918)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Jul 18 21:20:09 2000

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 19:22:44 EDT, "Richard A. Steenbergen" said:
> DoS then most people in one way or another, and filtering 1918 space is in
> absolutily NO way any kind of magic bullet or even worth the processor
> time (if you're gonna spend the time filtering there are much better
> things out there).

OK.. I'll bite - what's in YOUR favorite list of things to filter? ;)

Or more correctly, what's in your list for:

a) connectivy providers (who mostly have just transit packets between
customers)

b) endpoint sites - we may have 2 /16's and a lot of OC3/12 links,
but our 2 /16s shouldn't be transiting anything (as opposed to the
routing swamp just outside our border router).

				Valdis Kletnieks
				Operating Systems Analyst
				Virginia Tech