Re: suggestions? hylafax/IXO/ITAP addressable pager companies in UK

  • From: John Payne
  • Date: Tue Jul 18 16:49:43 2000

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 01:33:05PM -0700, Derek J. Balling wrote:
> For a network provider, I would postulate that "e-mail to pager
> gateway service" is equivalent to "no service".
>
> Or do you plan on bringing on having someone manually set up a link
> between you and the paging company to deliver the "network
> connectivity is hosed" pages.

The question was about a downed server.  I assumed that there was some
monitoring offsite that wants paging.

> TAP (or other out-of-band) delivery method is currently (near as I
> can tell) best-practice for sending alpha pages CONCERNING the
> network. :)
>
> In that vein, I would recommend qpage (www.qpage.org), which --
> although largely unsupported [1], works exceptionally well.

Agreed - I was using qpage to hit Hutchinson pagers.

--
John Payne      http://www.sackheads.org/jpayne/    [email protected]
http://www.sackheads.org/uce/                    Fax: +44 870 0547954