Re: RADB and building router filters

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Mon Jul 17 20:34:43 2000

On Mon, Jul 17, 2000 at 08:18:02PM -0400, Jeff Haas wrote:
> Critical piece of info.  N.B.:
>
> > i'm being told that some of my routes are being ignored because there are
> > supercede'ing entries at whois.radb.net.
> >       source:   CSAS
>
> Providers that build filters from IRR data are likely doing this from
> local copies of the various repositories.  These mirrors may be real-time
> or taken from the snapshots on the FTP space.
>
> At a guess, said "filter" is likely because the ISP in question isn't
> mirroring the CSAS repository.

ah.  i sorta thought that if RADB was mirroring, then others would have it.

so, i need to inform everyone to mirror the CSAS db entries?

is there another method to get my entries out there, short of using an
RADB maintainer ID?

--
[ Jim Mercer                 [email protected]              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]