RE: Wanted: Clueful Individual @ TeleGlobe.net

  • From: Karyn Ulriksen
  • Date: Mon Jul 17 13:19:29 2000

Out of curiousity, how does the telco world handle this?  When some one
signs up for MCI longdistance, I assume that on some calls they will cross
off the MCI network (and potentially though several others) that will be
piled mile high in static.  The customers will complain about their
connection to their respective local and long distance companies.  But I
believe it isn't an option to contact the networks that they may transit
mid-stream.  However, some QC must be in place to achieve some level of
consistancy to get that expected "pin drop" quality we've apparently come to
take for granted...

Is it cooperation amongst the networks possibly?  Cooperation among the
NOC's seems in order wherever possible and I rarely run into uncooperative
NOCs (unless I find myself in the sad state of being unreasonable).  IMHO,
it's probably asking too much for every network to answer to every Tom,
Dick, & Harry when everyone is fighting for peering b/w, praying for
equipment that lives up to expectations, filtering script kiddies, and
keeping the typical high b/w access to less than $45.00/month.  Of course, I
could be wrong and accept that possibility.

Karyn