Re: solar storm

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Jul 15 16:45:36 2000

I haven't been tracking outages through an entire 11 year sunspot
cycle yet, it only seems like forever.  I've looked for correlations
of unexplained outages or directly attributable outages with previous
solar flare warnings, but so far nothing detectable shows up.

There are normal satellite outages twice a year as the sun crosses
the Clarke belt.  I've also noticed a 3,6,9 year technology obsolence
cycle when old equipment fails before companies replace it.