Re: RFC 1918

  • From: John Fraizer
  • Date: Sat Jul 15 13:56:50 2000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Todd R. Stroup wrote:

> John,
>
> I've been silent on this list for quite a while but it has always erked me
> the way you insist on proving your network knowledge about "How to Build
> Networks".  Since you feel the need to criticize those who have built
> networks that you consider inferior why don't you share some of the IP
> backbones that you have worked for and helped create.
>
> (And yes, I do take it personally.)
>
> T..S

Todd, you know that I can not give any details about most of the network
buildouts I have been involved with.  That's just fine though.

I think the root of what erks you most is that you screwed the pooch when
you bet against me, period, the end.  It might also have something to do
with the fact that you chose your alliances poorly. No matter.

If you really must know a few networks I have been involved with (and left
on good graces, I might add) here you go:

Digital Equipment Corporation (back when it was still DEC)
CitiCorp
Hoescht Cellonese
Siemens Rolm
MacGuire Nuclear Power plant (and, yes, they have on-net connectivity)
Catabwa Nuclear Power plant (same here)
Duke Power
Microsoft Corporation
Walnut Creek CDROM (as in CDROM.COM)
Blockbuster, Inc
The Walt Disney Company
Seagate Corporation
Fidelity Investments
First Union National Bank
Wachovia Corporation
The State of North Carolina
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
The State of Tennessee
The University of Tennessee at Knoxville
The State of Ohio
..and yes, even The Ohio State University

The list above was on my resume' before I was even your age, Son.  When
was the last time you worked inside the Pentagon? (and I'm not
talking about the mall) Never?  Oh, too bad. It's el-nifty-neato.

The moral of this story is: Don't piss in the wind or you will end up all
wet and smelly.

Had you shown the curtosy of _attempting_ to flame me privately, I would
have shown you the same when I shut you down.  Since you just had to go to
the list, I have returned the favor.

This is the end of this little debate Todd.  I did not personally attack
you, no matter if you took my remarks about some network entity
personally.  You attacked me personally.  You crossed the line.  I only
hope that I am the only one who has lost all respect for you, for your
sake.

---
John Fraizer
EnterZone, Inc