Re: RFC 1918

  • From: Rick
  • Date: Fri Jul 14 23:44:51 2000

Richard I think you MISS two points which are at the center of this thread.
First every sub-hacker (ie, those who do NOT write their own source) will
usually use RFC1918 for any type of DOS attack as it is the recommended source
of attack (if you do not agree with this then this thread is pointless).
Second as others have pointed out the RFC1918 was created with the primary
purpose to not only help limit the allocation of globally routeable IP's but
also limit the amount of traffic on the Internet as a whole. By applying
filters at the border routers it helps to reinforce these standards.  IMHO

--
Rick Allan
Chief Technical Officer