Re: RFC 1918

  • From: Shawn McMahon
  • Date: Fri Jul 14 20:17:04 2000

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 07:42:08PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Unfortunately an increasing number of Internet users, with servers I
> might add, are now behind DSL lines that have <1500-byte MTUs.....
>
> (I'm dealing with one today that's forced to use 1496-bytes!)

I know; you spent a few minutes of your time earlier this week demanding I move
my mail server to one forced to use 1492.

So what are we going to do, folks; are we going to react to people who are in
this situation by saying "oh, well; guess I'm walled off from you, too bad, so
sad, dump that $50 connection and get a T1 or get off my Internet", or are we going
to adapt?