RE: Mostly operational content (was Re: piracy on parade)

  • From: Roeland M.J. Meyer
  • Date: Fri Jul 14 18:46:58 2000

> Right.  Have a look at the IAB statement on the subject of DNS
roots:
> http://www.iab.org/iab/IAB-Technical-Comment.txt

Yes, pure politics, zero operational content. When was the last
time the IAB released a technical, politically neutral paper?
Ans: a ver long time ago (years). That paper caused me to cast a
negative vote for Brian Carpenter, in the last ISOC elections.
They presented zero technical support for their position. It was
all anecdotal, pure opinion, no substance.

I submit that the IAB isn't doing its job and until they do, they
should refrain from wasting their resources in the policy arena.