RADB and building router filters

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Fri Jul 14 18:00:09 2000

i'm running into difficulties getting my routes announced via networks
that use the RADB to build their filters.

i'm being told that some of my routes are being ignored because there are
supercede'ing entries at whois.radb.net.

for example, "whois -h whois.radb.net 198.96.117.0" contains two entries:
      route:         198.96.117.0/24
      descr:         NETBLK-TORMAN
      origin:        AS813
      mnt-by:        MAINT-AS813
      changed:       [email protected] 19950920
      source:        RADB

      route:    198.96.117.0/24
      descr:    Reptilian Research
      admin-c:  JM7718-ARIN
      tech-c:   JM7718-CSAS
      origin:   AS843
      remarks:  in use by Reptilian Research
      remarks:  parent is ARIN
      notify:   [email protected]
      mnt-by:   MAINT-AS843
      changed:  [email protected] 20000527
      source:   CSAS

should i be requesting that the entry from UUNET be removed?

--
[ Jim Mercer                 [email protected]              +1 416 410-5633 ]
[          Reptilian Research -- Longer Life through Colder Blood          ]